Wednesday, August 03, 2005

August Long Weekend

Well, we made our long weekend even longer by taking Friday off too. Geoff's mom side of the family had their reunion and so we joined them camping and had a great time. We were lucky that our tent was set up already Thursday night and after it poured for three hours, our tent was still mostly dry and we were able to sleep in it instead of our car. Friday we spent the day at Alberta Beach which is a very deceiving name for the place. There was no beach, just some swampy area before the lake. And the lake wasn't very clean as there were these green things floating in it. Oh well. I managed to get myself into a kayak and wander around in that for awhile which led to a very nice sunburn that has finally stopped hurting. It was fun as I have never been a kayak and the boats would circle around us so that we would have waves to make it more exciting. Geoff almost got hit by a tube behind a boat and bailed. The boat came around twice more which led to his kayak being filled with water as he was trying to get back in. All in all though it was a good time. We headed back home on Saturday.

Then on Monday we hit Seba Beach which was a bit better as there was actually a beach. It was a mixture of sand and some black stuff but at least we could wade into the water from there and the water was cleaner. I spent the day swimming while they wake boarded and tubed. I had a great time but I must say that I miss Manitoba lakes and real beaches with real sand.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home