Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I've Been Tagged to Blog

10 Years Ago - I had just graduated from high school and I believe that I was working full time at the Petro-Can in my home town of Grunthal. We are actually having a ten year reunion with my graduating class this year but I will not be going to that. My goal was to be married by then and well I just made it thanks to Geoff. I love that guy.

5 Years Ago - That would put me at 23, which would mean that I would be on summer vacation from my last year of university. I was living in Winnipeg and working at Applebee's on Pembina. It was a summer of being single and loving it. Spending time with good friends and going places.

1 Year Ago - Still living in Winnipeg, still single, working for Enterprise Rent a Car and seriously debating the decision to move to Edmonton. I was going to spend the long weekend with my parents and trying to find a way to break the news to them.

Yesterday - A full day of work followed by making lasagna for supper which turned out really good. I also made some banana chocolate chip muffins and then cleaned up all of the dishes. We had Family Home Evening and then rented Matchstick Men, which is really good, and Geoff hadn't seen it yet. We went to sleep and talked till about 1130pm before we actually fell asleep.

Tomorrow - Another day of work and then I have activity days with the girls. We are going to have a scavenger hunt at a park along with a lesson on something. Not sure on what yet.

5 favorite snacks - Microwave popcorn light butter Act II, Old Dutch ripple chips with sour cream and onion soup mix dip, Bryers Heavenly Hash ice cream, BBQ Old Dutch chips, and brownies with milk.

5 favorite adult drinks - virgin strawberry margarita from Olive Garden, clamato juice on the rocks, a tall glass of skim milk, A&W rootbeer at the restaurant in a frosted mug, and lemonade homemade slurpees.

5 bands that I know the lyrics to - U2, Coldplay, Lonestar, Sum 41, and Sarah McLaughan.

5 things I would do with a $100 000 000 - buy a house and some land in the country, help both of our parents out with whatever they need, go on amazing vacations, invest some of it, and make sure that we wouldn't have to worry about money ever again.

5 locations that I would visit - Europe, France, Hawaii, Italy and Australia.

5 bad habits that I have - biting my nails, tone issues when I say things, controlling, very bad back seat driver in the front seat passenger position, and slacking off at work.

5 things that I love doing - taking a bubble bath, eating my favorite foods, spending time with my family, being on vacation with Geoff, and reading a good book.

5 things that I would never wear - a mini skirt, a dental floss bikini, high heels, MC Hammer type pants, and capris pants.

5 of my favorite TV shows - Dawson's Creek, ER, CSI Las Vegas, Friends, and One Tree Hill.

5 of my favorite movies - There are so many though. Classics, Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman. Sixth Sense for the best got ya ending, Batman Begins for the most recent, and Notting Hill for romantic comedy but there are so many more.

5 famous people that I would like to meet - Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Joshua Jackson, President Monson and Jesus Christ.

5 of my biggest joys - my wedding, being with my husband, my family, my love for the Lord, and going to the temple.

5 of my favorite toys - my car (Acura 3.2 TL), our video camera, our king size bed, our BBQ, and our TV.

5 people to tag - Lee Howe

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Ok looks like we havea serious crush on the same guy! Also I cannot believe you would never wear heels or capris. Or even better how about heels with capris!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

heels are way too uncomfortable to wear even with a dress. So far I've always been able to get away with a pair of comfortable sandals with a dress, summer or winter. As for capris, they look good on other people but why not just wear pants or shorts. I just don't get it.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

capris are the greatest thing ever invented. You see once you get to be old like me and have 4 pregnancies the thought of wearing shorts is just not flattering, however you don't want to wear pants all summer, so capris are the perfect compramise. They are the answer to a housewife prayer. I think they are also very fashionable as well though, especially with a cute strappy heel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home