Friday, July 15, 2005

Our Second Reception

It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day, a little humid but who's complaining. My mom cooked a wonderful breakfast and then we set off to get our hair done by Melissa Zarecki. Everyone got dressed up and we were off to take pictures at the golf course. Somehow though, when I got out of the car I managed to brush up against something that had grease and dirt in it which transferred to my beautiful wedding dress. What a disaster. Luckily Geoff's dad got some brake cleaner and we got all of the stains out of the dress so that we could resume pictures. They gave us all golf carts so that we could find places where we wanted to take pictures and we all had a great time.

Guests started to arrive early, which shocked me that people were already there, so we got into our line up so that we could greet everyone. The reception started and a side from one outburst by a crazy family relation it all went really well. The food was amazing, the speeches were fun, the slide show a real hit and the band finished it off with some great numbers. We danced and had fun with everyone. We were under a really nice tent and then the lightening and thunder hit with a great down pour and some people decided that it was time to go home. Oh well, the tent held up so the rest of us just kept on dancing!!

I must thank my parents though for doing such a wonderful job of finding an amazing place to have the reception that I have always dreamed about. It couldn't have been more perfect and I love them so much. And all of the people who came to support us and enjoy in our celebration were much appreciated. I love my family, including the extended family on both sides and like my dad says, Family is the most important thing. It is because they are the ones that are always there for you and they will always love you. So remember to enjoy yours!!

4 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your second reception went so well cant wait to see some pictures Congrats again to you and Geoff. Hope to see you soon

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

Jumping in to add that as guests we had a great time at your reception! We have only spent a few minutes with Geoff but he is a very welcome addition and I know he will feel as welcomed as the rest of us "in-laws" - the Maczuga family is a good one to marry into! You guys are so evidently in love and it's a pleasure to see you together.
Your emcee was funny and my kids are still talking about the man who did that crazy dancing for them :)

Love Lee

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Oh believe me, I do enjoy mine.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I am curious about the family member outburst? What was that all about! Congrats to the both of you! So sorry I could not be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home