Friday, July 22, 2005

Nose Plugs

Last night we headed out to the Salter's and then to the lake to do some boating. I wanted to go swimming instead of sitting in the boat the entire time per usual watching Geoff and his brother wake board. The water was warm but there was this green stuff in the water that wasn't very appealing. After about an hour of watching them I was anxious to get in so I said my turn next. Surprising myself with that statement, Geoff was all for it. What gave me the courage to get in the water and give this a try? A pair of nose plugs that I had bought awhile back. If you remember the last time I tried and how much water I swallowed, I was really not wanting to swallow any of this green stuff.

So Geoff got into the water to help me out and to coach me. With my nose plugs on and feeling like I could do anything, I gave it a try and failed miserably. I couldn't even hold on to the rope. Geoff kept on coaching and telling me that I could do it. He even held me in the water to make sure that I was doing okay and in proper position. Two more times and two more times back in the water. Then I got up!! I was standing on the wake board, on top of the water, it was great!! But then I didn't know what to do!? I was so shocked that I had actually gotten up that I yelled out to Geoff's parents in the boat, What do I do now? So I let go of the rope and sunk into the water. Geoff swam to the boat and I got ready to do it again. He told me to just do what I do when I snow board. Oh okay, so fall every thirty seconds and hope to land right so that I don't get any bruises. Got ya. I felt confident with my very attractive nose plugs on that I could continue to try and no water would be consumed. I got up two more times and Geoff coached from the boat. I managed to wake board over the wake and back but then fell. With more practice I'm sure that I can get the hang of it and it is so much easier than snow boarding.

Thanks to some nose plugs and a wonderful husband I have tried something new again. Too bad the nose plugs can't get rid of the pain in my body that I feel today. Because trust me, if they could I would be wearing them at work right now.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

how fun! I love being out on the water. Being a fashion snob though I don't think you could pay me to wear a nose plug in front of people! I am sure it looked cute on you though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home