Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The First Prenatal Class

My take. . . it went well.

Geoff's take. . . it's two hours?! We are going to miss the hockey?! I only have to remember 20% of the information. . . so I only have to pay attention for 20% of the time. We are missing the hockey game?! Can we turn on a radio while we are here (him and every other guy that was there) It's two hours?

We started off with an introduction and then right into the breathing exercises. I am sure that they will help when the time comes but I couldn't stop laughing while we were doing them. First of all I laugh when I am nervous and pretending to be in labour made me think about really being in labour and that made me really nervous. Plus Geoff is trying to massage different parts of my body to help me relax plus I am trying keep my butt tight as a pretend uterus, just too much to keep track off.

The nice part is when Geoff was sitting behind me rubbing my tummy while I was breathing. And it's nice to when he breathes with me as he sits in front of me. It helps me to concentrate a bit more but I still couldn't help but laugh. Geoff's convinced that I am going laugh through the whole birth until I pass out from the pain. Sounds good to me.

Then we split up a bit for some discussion, boys and girls and then we learned some stuff about breastfeeding. That's when all of the guys really wished that the radio was on with the game. I even felt a bit uncomfortable but I guess it's good to know. Details on this subject are really unnecessary. Then we learned about the baby and what the baby is doing and stuff like that. All in all good to know.

The game just started when we got to the hospital, we were listening to it in the car and when we got back into the car we heard and thanks for listening tonight. Thank goodness this is the only Monday night game until we are done the classes.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we did our class another couple went into labour and had their baby later that same day ... as for the breastfeeding the nurses are there to help you when the baby arrives. Have some fun with your remaining classes I know Kendra still gets together with the other Moms she met in her classes.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...aren't prenatal classes fun?? The thing I enjoyed most was talking to other mothers to be about our aches and pains. It was nice to have someone that really knew what you were going through and could relate. One little piece of advice that I would like to give is, when you're going through labour, concentrate on that first cry that you will hear when the baby is born. That helped me get through the c-section. And the sound of that first cry is the best sound you'll ever hear! Shanley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home