Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Third Trimester

Well, I can't believe how time has passed. It feels like just the other day I had my head in the toilet...oh, that's right. It was just the other day, Saturday to be exact. Fruit Loops in the morning just don't work.

There are so many wonderful things about being pregnant though. Feeling the baby inside of me. My hair has never been so shiny and healthy. My skin is clear and very soft. And one day soon I will be able to hold the little Geoff and Colleen miracle. I really do hope that the third trimester will be good. Maybe if I am lucky I will be able to pull off a labour like my cousin Alana. She went in to the hospital at 9cm dilated and had the baby in less than two hours!!

I am looking forward to not being so emotional. The other night it was 8pm and Geoff was still not home from work and my mind just went off the wall with worry. What if he doesn't make it home, where is he, how can I take care of a baby by myself, etc. That's when the tears started flowing and I was an emotional wreck. Thank goodness I pulled myself together before Geoff came home, about ten minutes later, and all was well again.

I went in on Saturday to drink the orange drink to check for diabetes and stuff and it wasn't that bad. Actually it tasted just like Orange Crush. I was impressed with myself too because I drank the whole thing in the five minutes allowed, 10 ounces, waited the hour, gave blood and didn't have to go to the bathroom. I leave with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step as I walked back home. Five minutes later the smile disappeared and the bounce turned into a speed walk as I heard the baby giggle while he/she kicked me in the crouch and my bladder exploded. Good times.

Thanks to my grandma's amazing pie crust recipe, I was able to make some wonderful pies for Thanksgiving this year. Blueberry and Peacan Pumpkin Pie. The pumpkin one I made for the first time and it turned out to be really yummy. I made a chocolate pudding pie with the recipe that my mom gave me and I made the pudding from scratch. It tasted really good too. Except for the crust which I baked wrong and it all shriveled up and didn't turn out right at all. But it was okay and it still tasted alright. Just not as good as when mom does it. But the only way that I was getting any this year was if I made it myself. Which leads me to the quote of the Thanksgiving weekend that was heard more than once and said by my husband, "Colleen are you having another piece of pie?" Yes I am.

So that leaves me what I am thankful for. Pie. No, just kidding. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who accepts me and loves me for all that I am. The miracle inside my body and the blessing that I am able to have a child of my own. My family and all of the love and support that they are to me. Geoff's family and how nice they are. And most of all, our loving Heavenly Father that watches over us and takes care of our little family. He has blessed us with so many things and I am grateful for His love. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

apparently someone seems to think you need tips on making out and french kissing. I think you are probably doing just fine or you would not have a growing belly right now. I am glad you had a good Thanks Giving. We still have a few weeks to wait before we celebrate ours. I look forward to it because it is always the weekend we put up our Christmas tree.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known that, you could have brought pies to Red Deer {just kidding} Glad to hear your feeling great if you think time flys by now wait until the Baby arrives its like the clock speeds up.
PS Would love to have the pie crust recipe

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Hi my name is Colleen Salter and it has been 10 days since my last blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home