Monday, October 03, 2005

25 Weeks

I went to the doctor last week and everything is still going well. I weigh 147 pounds (yikes) which means that I have gained 20 pounds so far. I am measuring right for where I am and the babies heart is at 159. Since the baby is so very active the heartbeat just keeps going up. I am still convinced that I am having a boy and Geoff thinks that the baby is a girl. My blood pressure is still below normal which is great considering I had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes for my appointment. I guess we have all learned to sit and wait in the doctor's office. I love hearing the baby's heart and knowing that everything is okay.

As for me, I have been able to control how much I eat (usually) so that I don't eat till it hurts. Although I am still waking up at 5am feeling hungry and not being able to fall asleep again. This last weekend though was great as we were able to sleep in and take naps during the day. Just the right amount of relaxing to help us survive yet another week of work and stuff.

I have been told when my last day of work will be. I had hoped just to work right until the baby comes but my boss doesn't seem to like the uncertainty of that idea (go figure). So instead, my last day is December 16th but I can work up until the 22nd. I will train the new person for the first two weeks of December and then if I still feel good enough to work then I will come in for the last week and just do some odd stuff around the office. Which sounds great to be done work but is still a bit scary as I don't know what I am going to do during the rest of the time. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. Which reminds me....Has anyone heard what's going on with Alana?

We've signed up for our prenatal classes. They start on Nov. 7 and she told me that they show videos of normal birth and some complications. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I want to know so that I can be more ready (if that is possible) but I don't want to because well it's bad enough that I have to go through it but to have to watch other people. No thank you. Which reminds me of a funny story of when my mother in law went into labour for the first time. The pain came and she said that she had changed her mind and didn't want to do this anymore. Her sister was there with her, a quiet person really, and she says with some really good sarcasim, what are you going to do? push it back in and get up and go home? Funny. I can see myself saying that I don't want to do this anymore too.

Well that's all for now. On a side note, DQ has a blizzard called Chocolate dipped Strawberries which is really yummy!! If you get a chance, check it out.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

you have probably heard by now but Alana had a bouncing baby boy! 7lbs11oz named Taidan. She got to the hospital at 5:30am and the baby was born by 6:20am I cannoot believe she had her first baby so quick...that is amazing. So hopefully your labour goes as easy as hers. How much maternity leave are you going to take. You get a whole year in Canada right?

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Thanks, Linda sent me the photos. As for me, I can only hope that it would be that quick. I plan on taking a year of maternity but I am not going to go back to work. As long as we are able, I plan to start my new career of being a mom. :)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

wow that is so exciting! I didn't realise you were planning on being a stay at home mom. It is a trying and sometimes trivial job with horrible pay but the rewards are endless. Welcome to club mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home