Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Count Down at 2 Months Left to Go!

Well, after last night's prenatal class it has hit me really hard that this is going by way too fast. In two months there will be a baby, give or take. Thanks for the advice Linda and Shanley. Although last night we watched two women go through contractions and labour and I'm not too sure that I still want in on this. I am going to do a natural birth, with probably some drugs to take the edge off if it gets to be too much but no epidural and it doesn't look like fun. What did I get myself into? I am looking forward to the after part when I get to hold the baby and stuff so I will concentrate on the first cry like Shanley said but what do I do while all of the contractions are hitting me? Thank goodness for Geoff. We learned how to do the next stage of breathing when the contractions are at their worst and he did it way better than I did. I had a hard time panting but he did a great job. So at least he will be there to coach me through. I guess I'm just a bit nervous because I don't do well with pain. It's been great not having the monthly but when you really think about it, it's just been building up for one big monthly with hours on hours of pain.

Plus it's good to have Geoff because he makes me laugh. Last night we were joking around about how we would be like the breathing Cosby's and that we would bring some salad spoons to help get the baby out. So I know that for the most part he will keep me smiling and stuff during the labour. I tried to see if maybe he would take over for the labour part since he's got the breathing down pact but no luck.

On another note, yesterday Geoff finished working on his last deck for the season. He went out with a bang as he managed to back up too far and fall off of it. But he's okay, just a little stiff as he landed on his back. Today he started his new job at Future Shop in the audio/video department. He'll be working there full time until the end of December and he has to work Christmas Eve and Boxing Day but that's okay. We can't go anywhere this year and he will be getting a discount through his manager so that's good. They are paying him a wage but if he does better on commission then they will pay him that amount, which sounds like a good deal to me.

Plus Geoff got accepted into NAIT!! which is really exciting and he will be starting in January. He might continue working part time at Future Shop while in school if they offer it to him and if he still likes working there. So things are going well for our little family. Although if we have a boy, he might still be nameless for awhile and we will have to refer to him as Baby Salter.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont put too much pressure on yourself to do it "natural" You can always change your mind about the epidural just dont wait to long after the contractions start.Everybody handles pain differently
Geoff is sure having a rough time lately getting banged up Good Luck with his new job its a great time to work there lots of Holiday Shopers {Boxing Day is crazy}but lots of money to be made.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

You might want to think this whole epideral thing. Why go through all that pain when you can do it just as easy pain free. And when I say pain, that is being mild. I have only felt true labor once out of my 3 so far because they broke my water and then didn't get in with my epideral for 30 minutes. So for 30 minutes I felt what it was like to be in labour, and let me tell you I was begging Ben to make it stop and telling him I changed my mind and wanted to go home. I don't know how women do it naturally, but all the power to them, I however will stick with the pain numbing drugs thank you!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

I am more scared of having a needle stuck in my back than giving birth to a baby. If anything, I will take some kind of drug like demoral or something if they let me if the pain is that bad. But you never know. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens when the time comes and how badly I will be begging for drugs!! That is if I haven't already passed out. :)

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen, like Linda said, everyone handles pain differently, just wait to see how things go for you, the pain might talk you right into a needle in your back which by the way is not that scary as you can't see it happening (Mike on the other hand almost passed out watching, but that is besides the point!!) Just kidding.
But just wait to have that first peak at your baby and hear those first sounds, it's breath taking!
Sheesh, I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it!!

Sure going to miss you at Christmas, this will be the first christmas EVER that we are not together!

PS.... I want pictures, start posting some pictures of that belly!!!

Love Tannis

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

OK 2 days ago you told me you were posting a belly pic!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Yeah it's funny how things get in the way and then some stuff doesn't get done. Plus I haven't really learned how to do it myself and have to get Geoff to do it. But tonight it will be there and I will even add an aqua belly pic just for fun!! Be prepared though, I am huge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home