Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Our Almost New Bathroom

Well it has been a very interesting weekend. Friday Geoff had his brother Mark helping him with the bathroom and then they went to run some errands and Mark's car died on the road. So I had to leave work early (not a problem) to go and get them. I was then warned that there was no running water because it was switched off and there was no toilet. Good to know but who tells a pregnant woman that and still hopes to live? Luckily enough we stopped at Carpet World to look for our lino for the bathroom and they had a bathroom. Plus we found some great lino and for a really great price. Off we go back home and there is no bathroom at all. Everything had been taken out (which was the plan except he had said that they would keep the toilet in till Saturday) and the bath tub, sink and toilet were all on our front lawn, along with some yellow snow thanks to Mark and Geoff. I ended up peeing in a bucket a couple of times before we left to go and push Mark's car off the main road so that it wouldn't be towed and then to the in-laws to spend the night.

Geoff and his dad worked on the bathroom all day Saturday but didn't get it finished. There was just so much to do. They put in a good effort though and only left around midnight. I spent the day with Geoff's mom and sister baking Christmas treats and eating them of course. yummy. Then on Sunday my car wouldn't start. It had been acting up for awhile but Acura couldn't figure out the problem because when we took it to them it worked fine. We got it towed to a shop last night in hopes that they will be able to figure it out. So we hopped into the in laws 1940 truck, that has all of our old stuff from the bathroom in the back, and headed home. I was warned that the house was a mess. More like a disaster zone though as it was almost impossible to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom. Not to mention a Wendy's chocolate shake but they're not called that and I can't remember what they are called so if you know tell me so that I don't go crazy, had spilled on the carpet and wall but since they had no running water they couldn't clean it up.(??) But the good thing is that the lino is down, the tub/shower works and the toilet is in, works, just not bolted down and there is no sink yet but that's okay. They plan to finish it all up this Saturday and Geoff's mom is coming over too to help me clean the house since there is a layer of dust on everything due to the drywall and all.

So that is the status of the bathroom and hopefully I will get those pictures up soon and then by the weekend the pictures of the new bathroom too!!

Thanks Liz for the comment. I hope you are right too about the baby being a boy. This weekend we are going to send a little video over the email to my dad to see what he thinks and hopefully he will say the same. cross your fingers.

On Monday we took the hospital tour for our delivery and my favorite room was the snack room. They have all of these snacks in the fridge for when we are there and we can eat them as much as we want. Well the mom's can, Geoff has to bring his own. Plus we have our own room for delivery and everything else that goes on which is really nice. Then we did a mock labour to a tape that told us when we are having contractions and when everything else is happening and we go through our breathing. Geoff is still the best breather in the class as our instructor was really happy that she could hear him breathing properly. He'll be a good coach for me. Although the couple beside us were kind of annoyed because they couldn't stop laughing at Geoff. On one of the contractions he switched his breathing to sound like Darth Vader from Star Wars and we all started laughing. Then the girl beside us told Geoff that maybe he should get the epidural. Good times.

Anyway, we are less than 6 weeks away and I am off to the doctor's again today to see how things are going. I will give an update tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

I can't wait to see the bathroom photos! Amazing how such a little room can wreak havoc over the whole house!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe this???? As I was reading your blog, I was laughing and thinking I'll comment right away and tell her what the Wendy's shake is called, and now IT HAS SLIPPED MY MIND! Am I getting old or what??

I will think about it and let you know!

I can't wait to see pic's of the bathroom...... and updates on your belly!

Again, I cannot believe we will not see you at Christmas, I'm so sad about that!

Talk to you soon!
Love Tannis

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is called a frosty. I cant wait to see pictures of your new bathroom I cant believe you are only 6 weeks away from your due date wow time flies at least for the nonpregnant people.
enjoy sleep now before its too late

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Can't wait to see bathroom pic and belly pics!!~!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home