Monday, November 28, 2005

Dreams

Geoff has dreamed twice now that we have had a little girl. And it has been quite emotional for him as he loves our baby so much already.He actually cried in his dream because our daughter was so beautiful. I love that man. On the weekend, I dreamed that we had a girl too. Mine was a bit more off the rocker though as the baby was 3 months old and I didn't actually have to go through labour but was very concerned that I hadn't delivered the placenta yet. Everyone was there to hold the baby except for Geoff and when I finally realized that I felt bad that I had let everyone hold her except for Geoff. So I raced off with the baby to find Geoff at work. Then we played with her for the rest of my dream. I woke up and really missed that our baby wasn't here yet to play with. Weird dreams. I am still hoping for a boy but realizing that it may be a girl.

This morning I woke up to a couple swift kicks or punches in my side as the baby seemed to have been up earlier than me (630am) to do some aerobics or kick boxing or something. I'm torn between waking up to that or a cry for some food. Although both bring a smile to my face.

Anyway, I find that I am incredibly thirsty all of the time now. I just had my doctor's apt last week and I only gained one pound in the last two weeks putting me at 156 and 28 pounds in total. Not bad. The heart beat was at 145 or so and the baby is in a head down position with the feet in my ribs. Geoff was able to make it too to the doctor's and he got to hear the heartbeat again which was nice. There is a resident training with my doctor so he was doing everything. When he asked how things were going I asked if I should still be taking my iron pills. He said yes until the baby is born, how are you finding them in regards to constipation? That's when Geoff commented on how I was taking them with prune juice, which seemed to impress the doctor as he thought that was a great idea. My wonderful husband, the kidder. I don't like prune juice and he couldn't believe that the doctor believed him as it was said drenched in sarcasm.

Well our tub is in so we have everything that we need to redo our bathroom. Geoff has managed to get Friday and Saturday off at future shop so we are doing that this weekend. I have stopped cleaning the bathroom as off last week and it will be really nice to have it all new and clean. Check out the blog later on for before and after pictures. And hopefully all will go well as Geoff is redoing it all himself, with the help of his dad and brother. I've decided that instead of helping, I am going over to his mom's with his sister and we are going to spend the afternoon baking Christmas treats. I just want to see it done when I get back home. Plus with no toilet for a day or two, it might be better that I'm not around because a pee pail just doesn't sound like fun. I have a hard enough time peeing in the cup at the doctor's office. I'll just leave it at that.

My cousin had her little girl last Friday. Take a peek at the baby by clicking on the link for Alyssa. She is a cutie.

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure its a boy. You look like your having a boy!
Liz

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I cant wait to see the bathroom pictures did you guys manage to get it done last weekend?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

that's so funny about the prune juice...I bet the dr is giving that little tip to all his patients now..."well, I know one of my patients takes her iron pills with prune juice...." lol

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

Hi Colleen - can you send me you snail mail addy? I'm organizing my Christmas cards... (email me at leannehowe @shaw.ca - no spaces)

thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home