Tuesday, April 03, 2007

911

Have you ever had those phone calls where you expect your husband to be on the other end when you answer? Of course we all have. I mean, it's that time of day or night and you are at home alone and there is no one else who could possibly be calling you.

That is of course unless your daughter was playing with the phone while you were getting her another diaper since she just pooped for the third time in as many hours and she just happened to dial 911. The phone started making that noise when it is off the hook so I pressed the off button and went about doing the smelly job of cleaning her up. Then the phone rings and well guess who? "Hi maam, this is the RCMP. Is there any reason why you just called 911? Are you okay?"

Yeah well I feel like an idiot. I know exactly what happened and yes I am doing fine. So I end up having to explain the situation and assuring him that no there is no one here who is making me feel uncomfortable and unable to talk on the phone to you. I am so sorry to have wasted your time in case someone else has a real emergency. If my daughter was old enough to explain to her the consequences of her actions I would but she's not. So for now she doesn't get to play with the phone anymore unless she is talking to grandma and grandpa Maczuga.

Kids are fun.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

been there done that. Except when I did it I got off the phone with the police and about 20 minutes later was making a phone call and thought that this number was the last number I called so I hit redial. Oops called 911 again! Then there was the other time my other child did it and the police came to my house and had to search it just to be sure. That was fun!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Your lucky - here they HAVE to come to your house and make sure you are okay. Then they give you a warning and let you know it shouldn't happen again or you will be fined. (Can you tell it has happened to me?!) I am always scared my son is going to do that when he is playing with my phone.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

um Easter picutres?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home