Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How Does That Happen?????

So Kaylee is playing in the living room with her spoon and bowl after having a snack and I go to do the dishes. She is having a great time. She is not feeling better yet but is doing much better than before. This is last week by the way. I check on her and all is well. A couple of minutes later she comes walking around the corner holding on to the wall with a big smile on her face and there's something not right. On her face is some kind of mess. I walk into the living room to find that she had pooped right out of the top of her diaper and it was in a pile on the carpet. (She was wearing a top and jeans) Then, I'm not sure what she did, but somehow it was all over her cheeks and around her mouth.

Freaking out I carry her down to the tub to give her a really good bath. I'm not sure at that point whether to laugh or cry as I remember the words of advice the nurse on the phone gave me the day before about diarrhea. "Remember to wash your hands often as some of the feces could be on your hands and will make her or you sick again." What she should have said is when your daughter has diarrhea, she must wear a onesie AT ALL TIMES!!

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Poop is magical. I don't understand it either!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Christine Leader said...

She's gonna love you for publishing that on the world wide web when she's about... hmmm... sixteen

ha ha hahahhaha

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! you know, I just never had that experience for any of my 3, I guess I better consider myself darn lucky!! But I do remember when our cousin Darren was a baby and he used his as finger paints and Aunty Theresa had a beautiful display of artwork on his bedroom wall! Yuck!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home