Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Maczuga Christmas Gathering

 Merry Christmas to all!!

We have had a wonderful Christmas here at the Grandparents. Kaylee did a great job of opening gifts and she was really excited at all of the unexpected gifts from the aunts and uncles. I will post pictures later.  Hopefully there will be enough room in our luggage to get everything back home.

Geoff was really good to me. He found some thoughtful gifts for me. Really nice water proof snow pants so that we can play with Kaylee outside and go sledding and snowmobiling, along with mitts that my hands will never get cold in. And I can wipe my goggles with them and my nose!! Plus the ultimate Kitchen Aid cheese grater.

My parents got us each a pair of Sorel boots, our toes will be warm all winter!!  New sheets and a duvet cover for our bed, very nice.

I bought Geoff skates, pants, and two movies. Now normally I wouldn't list everything but there is a reason for everything. First I am super excited about the things that I received but also, Geoff managed to get the snowmobile working out here, so for the first time in my life, I drove a snowmobile. A little scary at first as I went in circles around the yard. Then Geoff took us out to an open field. I took my turn and after a little while there was a NEED for SPEED. I had a great time. Now we are all hooked up with the proper gear to stay warm. I am just waiting for Geoff to fix the rest of the snowmobile and we will be out there again.

There is an outdoor rink in Kleefeld so we plan on going there tonight to test out the new skates. Which will add some romance into our holidays as grandma and grandpa will spend some time with Kaylee. Plus we are going to check out the forks with the skating there and the pathways.

Anyway Kaylee is having a fit so I will go. But before I forget, we were able to talk with Geoff's sister Melissa who is in Colorado right now serving a mission. It was great to hear her voice and know how she is doing. She is serving a mission right now and will be home in February. We can't wait to have her back home and to meet Kaylee in person. We were also able to talk with Geoff's brother Mark who is in New Brunswick serving a mission there. He has been gone for two months and it was nice to see how he is doing too. Family is so important to us and we are so happy to have such good families to celebrate Christmas with.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home