Thursday, December 22, 2005

Week 36 Doctor's Report

I went to the doctor's yesterday and here is the latest update for anyone who would like to change the date or sex of their guess. The heart beat is at 162 which is the highest that it has been ever. I have gained four more pounds which puts me at a total of 164 and 36 pounds gained in total. The fun news is that I am 2-3 cm dialated and 75% effacement. Effacement is when the cervix has started to thin making it easier for the baby to push through. It is usually at about an inch thick and goes to paper thin by the time the baby is ready. So I am at about 1/4 of an inch. The baby is still head down but not in the pelvic bone area yet. A woman can be 3cm dialated for awhile before going into labour. I am still hoping to only go into labour in January so I am only allowing guesses for January. But let me know if you've changed your mind and I will update the polls.

Another bonus is that today is my last day of work!! and I only have to work till noon!! I received cards from Tara, Tannis and Lee and I really appreciated them. I have done up a bunch of cards to mail out to friends and family and unfortunately half of them didn't get mailed or have addresses on them. So Merry Christmas to those that I missed and look forward to a wonderful card next year.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful that everything is going well! I would like to change the dates I picked from Jan 2 and 3, to Jan 3 and 4.
Thanks!
Collette

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

you are so 100% sure having a girl!!!! Start buying lots of pink. I know you wanted a boy but maybe she will be a Tom Boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home