Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Our Trip to Grunthal

Where to start. Kaylee was really good on the plane ride there. She slept most of the time and only woke up to eat and get a diaper change. It was really great to see my parents again. It's hard to be far away from the family so every moment spent with them is precious. Kaylee was all smiles when she saw Grandma and Grandpa Maczuga. We visited with some people from where I used to work before I moved and we got together with some of my friends. It's great to go visiting because everyone wants to hold her and then Geoff and I don't have to worry about entertaining her for awhile and we can just enjoy relaxing. Grandparents are great too because they babysit and feed her in the morning so that I can go back to bed. Kaylee was really good too for the grandparents first babysitting job. She didn't even cry and I ask myself who is this girl? Every other night that we were there she put up a fuss.

Everyone in the family was excited to see her. Grandpa was excited to show her off around town. On Sunday the family had a baby shower for her and everyone wanted their turn to hold her. Plus it was really nice to see family that I hadn't seen for a long time. Kaylee got so many cute outfits for when she is older and money so that we can get things that we couldn't have brought back on the plane. We are going to get her a swing, baby monitor, mobile for on the floor, humidifier for when she is sick, gates for the stairs, bottles and other little things. Thanks so much to everyone for their wonderful presents. Plus we got some hand me downs. Kaylee has more clothes than Geoff and me. Too bad they grow up so fast and she will be in and out of all of the clothes.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time. It was a great relaxing break as the grandparents took care of Kaylee and Geoff and I could go and do some things that we haven't done for awhile. We went to a reception to go dancing, skating, and sledding. Now we are back home and caring on with our routine. Time goes by so fast. Thanks again to everyone and we will see you all again at Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home